The below details are as horrific and as disturbing as the rape offenders statements in the banned documentary “IndiasDaughter”. Its time to look at the real problem – IndiasSon
Its not like the govt. isn’t doing anything. It created more awareness about this issue by banning the documentary, a very cost effective way of creating awareness and also by providing various reports to gather the statistics.
- There was an 873.3% increase from 2487 in 1971 to 24,206 in 2011
- In 84–89% of the rape cases in the years 2002–04, the victim knew the offenders.
- In 9% cases, the offender was the father, family member, or close relative, highlighting the prevalence of incestuous and child sexual abuse.
- Despite the high incidence of VAW, reporting is rare and conviction rates for reported cases, abysmally low; conviction rate for cruelty by husband was 19.2% and 25.5% each for dowry and rape.
- Children’s vulnerability to physical abuse…
View original post 91 more words