Here are the shocking details that reveal how the All India Majlis Ittehadul Muslameen (AIMIM) party tried to affect the conduct of free and fair elections in Hyderabad.
- In violation of all norms, the AIMIM party, in collision with some officials, got its workers nominated as the Booth Level Officers (BLOs) in all the Assembly Constituencies falling in Hyderabad Lok Sabha segment and a few constituencies of Secunderabad Lok Sabha segment.
- When Election Commission came to know about these irregularities, an inquiry was ordered.
- The Hyderabad district collector and GHMC officials cracked the whip on the appointment of booth level officers (BLO) as they identified scores of ‘irregular’ selections across various assembly segments. Many BLOs sacked for norm violations.
What does a BLO do?
The Election Commission of India has entrusted crucial jobs like distribution of Electoral Slips, helping the polling staff on the Polling Day, giving the voter slip on the Polling Day to the Voters, etc., to the BLOs.
Who should be appointed as BLOs:
Only government employees, including teachers in government and semi-government institutions and anganwadi workers, among others, are allowed serve as BLOs,
What did MIM do?
- Around 31 BLOs working Chandrayagutta had falsely reported to be teachers employed by the government.
- Most of the people in the list of BLOs were AIMIM workers who were assigned the work of enumeration of new voters by the GHMC. In order to influence the ensuing general elections, the MIM infiltrated into the election machinery and got its workers nominated as the BLOs by making the officials send the same list to the Chief Electoral Officer, Andhra Pradesh.
- Since a majority of BLOs in Hyderabad Lok Sabha segment are affiliated with the MIM party with some of them having criminal background, they were bound to have an impact on the conduct of free and fair elections.
MIM’s history of electoral malpractices
- The AIMIM is notorious of indulging in electoral practices in the past. In all the elections held since 1999, the AIMIM workers were found indulging in malpractices like duplicate and double voters, issuing of fake EPICs, booth capturing, etc.,
- In 2009 General Elections, a Central Observer of the ECI himself lodged a complaint with the Santosh Nagar Police Station against a few MIM workers who were caught red handed while preparing duplicate identity cards. The case is yet to be investigated.
- There were several other complaints of electoral practices registered in 1999, 2002, 2004, 2009 and 2010 GHMC elections, which were not probed thoroughly.
Below is the list of Ward Members, Area Sabha Members, people with Criminal Back ground and Political affiliations who were the BLOs in Chandrayangutta Assembly Constituency.
- Serial No: 3 of BLO list Raheem Unnisa claimed as a Teacher is actually is not a Teacher and an active MIM worker of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 5 Sarmeer is an active MIM Party Worker of Lalitha Bagh area.
- Serial No: 6 of BLO list Ayesha Jabeen is an MIM Party Worker of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 7 of BLO list Irfan Ahamed who claims as a Teacher is actually not a Teacher and an active MIM worker of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 8 of BLO list Masiuddin is an active MIM Worker of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 9 of BLO list Smt. Shameem Ahamed is an active MIM Worker of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 10 of BLO list Sadiya Jabeen is an MIM Party Worker of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 11 of BLO list Asma Fareed is an active worker of MIM party of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 12 of BLO list Md Zakiuddin is an active MIM worker of Riyasat Nagar
- Serial No: 13 of BLO list Farooq Khan is an active MIM Party worker of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 14 of BLO list Mirza Nayeem is a son of Mirza Mustafa Baig (Corporator) of MIM Party of Riyasat Nagar Division.
- Serial No: 19 of BLO list Md Shaik Yousuf who has been mentioned as a Teacher is under age boy of 14 years, how can an under age boy who is unable to vote has been made a BLO.
- Serial No: 21 of BLO list Md Waheed has been mentioned as a Teacher actually runs a Kirana shop and is an active MIM Party worker.
- Serial No: 24 of BLO list Md Sameer is an active MIM Party Worker of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 26 of BLO list Ayesha Begum mentioned as a Teacher is an active MIM party worker of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 29 of BLO list is an Area Sabha Member of Riyasat Nagar Municipal Division.
- Serial No: 30 of BLO list name mentioned as Gori Bee but the Photo attached is of Farooq @ TV Farooq who is an active MIM Party worker.
- Serial No: 31 of BLO list Mehraj Unnisa who is a Ward Member of Lalitha Bagh Division is also an active MIM Party Worker.
- Serial No: 38 of BLO list Md Younus who has been mentioned as a Teacher is not a Teacher but an active member of MIM Party of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 51 of BLO list Hamed Bin Mohd is an active MIM Worker of Riyasat Nagar.
- Serial No: 54 of BLO list Altaf Ahamed Khan mentioned as a Teacher is not actually a Teacher but an MIM Party active member of Edi Bazar.
- Serial No: 56 of BLO list M A K N Aziz @ Jalawa Azizi is brother of Dr Mohd Yousuf Naqsbandi (Corporator) of MIM Party Lalitha Bagh.
- Serial No: 57 of BLO list Talat Unnisa Aziz wife of M A K N Aziz @ Jalawa Aziz is brother of Dr Mohd Yousuf Naqsbandi (Corporator) of MIM Party Lalitha Bagh Division.
- Md Mazher Ahamed is a Ward Member of Lalitha Bagh Municipal Division and an active MIM Party Worker. His name has been mentioned in serial No: 59 and 62 of BLO list with different photos.
- Serial No: 125 in BLO List the name is mentioned as Jayashree who is an Hindu lady but the Photo posted is of an Muslim Burqa clad women.
- Serial No 85 and 186 in BLO List Yousuf Unnisa has been mentioned as a Teacher in 85 and 186 has been mentioned as AWW but the mobile numbers and photo are identical.
Here are media reports for the same: